|The 5th edition of Auroville’s annual hat tournament was awesome, connecting southern India players in a shanti, forested environment.
Here’s all the info that is kept around for posterity.
Auroville Guest Houses or the Auroville Marathon site have plentiful resources for accommodations
Simple options may also be available at:
- GP (Subash 7373131796)
- Dorms – 50 spots available; contact Kumaran (97865-26171)
- R.M. Guest House (87547-80064) or (97904-53546)
- Star City (75983-33691) or (75983-33692)
- White Sands Guest House (80564-67100) or (0413-263102)
- Thursday night (Jan 29), if you arrive before 7:30pm you will be able to register and find out your team at La Terrace (upstairs at Solar Kitchen).
- Friday morning (Jan 30), tournament check-in will begin at 6 – 6:30am at Certitude… See you at sunrise!
- Saturday night will have a buffet dinner at the Visitors Center with music, dance, & possible fire show. Veg 250rs, Non-Veg 300rs.
(FYI: Colored bibs are used for each team, so do your best to wear black, white, or gray shirts -not colored)
A map of the field locations is online here:
Motorbikes, scooters, & cycles are not very easy to come by, but you can try these contacts:
- Motorbike & Scooter: Laxmanan 94420-70213
- Motorbike & Scooter: Kumar 94434-97450
- Cycles: Visitor Center 0413-262-3034
Cabs from Pondicherry are roughly 300rs. Some taxis for reaching Auroville are: